St. Luke’s Day School is dedicated to a philosophy of providing a loving and nurturing environment under the guidance of a qualified staff that understands the developmental needs of the pre-school child. By affording a positive atmosphere, an enriching curriculum, the appropriate physical facilities and the proper resources, a child shall have the very best opportunity to grow while developing a sense of self.
The children are introduced to a balanced program of interaction with friends in both teacher directed and child-directed experiences. The daily schedule includes free choice of time spent in the play area, circle activities for the group, Music class, Creative Movement class and weekly chapel service. We are committed to working closely with parents towards the welfare of the whole family.
The days are planned so the children will:
- be safe
- feel secure
- receive individual affection and attention
- develop satisfying relationships with other children and adults
- experience successes in order to develop a positive self-image
- learn to respect the personal and property rights of others
- develop intellectual and physical skills